MISCO’s state-of-the-art steel mill features a 140-MT AC Electric Arc Furnace (EAF) and 140-MT Ladle Refining Furnace (LRF), a 5-strand Continuous Billet Caster, Induction Heater and a high-speed Rolling Mill.
Molten steel produced in the EAF, after refinement and treatment in the Ladle Furnace, is transferred to Continuous Casting Machine (CCM) though Steel Ladle with the help of a 280 Ton EOT Crane. The 5-strand fully-automated Continuous Casting Machine (CCM) is capable of casting square billets of cross-section 130mm x 130mm, 150mm x 150mm and 160mm x 160mm.
Auxiliary facilities such as an efficient Water Treatment Plant, Air Compressors and a Chiller Plant, a Fume Treatment Plant and a Raw material/ Steel scrap Handling facility are also instrumental to MISCO’s steel mill.
Also, from the SMS Group, the ConDor technology improves the safety and profitability of the steel mill. Instead of the conventional slag door, MISCO’s plant will be having the ConDor installation in the electric arc furnace.
The ConDor automates the processes at the slag door which is one of the highly dangerous areas of the mill. It will protect workers from splashes and reactions during the scrap charging process. It also minimizes scrap loss.
- The fully-continuous rolling line is equipped with 14 strands arranged in horizontal and vertical configuration followed by two high-speed finishing blocks with six “V” type mill strands each.
- The roughing and intermediate trains are designed as HL housingless stands. The “V” blocks are specifically designed for highly efficient and productive finish-rolling of rebars up to 50 meters per second. The high-speed delivery system HSD enables to roll material at speeds of 41 meters per second.
- Rolling Mill of MISCO has split rolling facility with finishing blocks to produce high quality finished TMT bars.
- Our plant has direct hot charging facility of billet to Rolling Mill through Induction Furnace instead of conventional Reheating Furnace.
- The complete electrical and automation package includes Level-1 and Level-2 process control.
- The automation system allows MISCO to meet all possible market demands with built-in capabilities for plant-wide production planning, scheduling, tracking and reporting.
MISCO Steel complex has a 250 TPD Air Separation Unit (ASU) supplied by Internationally reputed Oxygen Plant Technology supplier AIRLIQUIDE, France. ASU Plant produces high purity Oxygen, Aron and Nitrogen from Atmospheric Air for captive consumption. This will reduce the harmful impact on atmospheric air.